What do I want in a PDA?
- Core PDA functions as good as a Palm Pro
- Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Sync Linux, Windows, OsX …
- Open platform for 3rd party apps – like PDS & MS-Office editors/viewers
- Color screen
- Rechargeable battery – 4-7 days of use – LiOn is probably best
- USB interface for Sync, xfers, and recharging
- Camera 1.5 MegaPix or better
- WiFi w/ WPA (not WEP, which is broken)
- Email client IMAPS/POP3S that supports SMTPS and TLS/SSL connections directly to email servers – no client-side push needed; definitely no Outlook dependency!
- MP3 player
- Voice Recorder
- Memory expansion
- I don’t care if the OS is Palm, Linux, or WM6 based. Though Linux would be nice
- Most important cheaper than a Nokia N800 ($220)
Nice to have are:
- e-book reader is e-ink.
- GSM/EDGE/3G phone and data, but only if it is unlocked.
- GPS (not network based) for geocaching.
Ok – with these simple requirements, you’d think I’d have no trouble finding what I want? Do you know what I need? Please email= me!!!
Jan 2008 Update: I bought a Nokia N800